Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Better Days

I am so very thankful that the work/school week is more than half over!! Yesterday was, shall we say, a very Monday sort of day.  I think Mondays generally get a bad rap - just because the weekend is over, doesn't mean its just DESTINED to be a bad day. But, because we expect it, it can turn rotten fast. I didn't go into Monday thinking it was going to be bad. And, for the most part, it wasn't. But yesterday... yesterday was TUESDAY for goodness' sake! And, it felt like a Monday.

I woke up with a dull headache - felt very sinus-y. I set my alarm about 45 minutes before I actually want to get up as a rule. For just such mornings as these. I took some pain-killers, and laid back down - usually, 20 minutes of relaxed breathing, and the pills will take care of the waking aches. And, yesterday was no exception - except I didn't really want to get up then. Especially not get up and exercise. But, I did. And absolutely bombed my workout. Yesterday's scheduled workout was the cardio "dance" workout. I'm good with it for about 10 minutes. After that, well, I can't seem to get the progressive moves down. And, being the perfectionist that I am - this drives me nuts! I've been doing this for almost a month now, and the learning curve isn't getting any better! Add pre-menopausal hormones into the mix, and lets just say Paul is probably lucky to NOT be living here at this time!! I ended up finishing (giving up) about 10 minutes before the end, because let's face it - crying uncontrollably in front of the TV watching strong, slim, sexy women exercise is NOT going to help me feel better when its gone this far!  I made my shake, got the girls up and headed for the shower. We need a new hot water heater. The element is going (we've replaced it once) and the boys' showers from the night before plus a load of laundry tripped it. I had PLANNED to check the reset button before bed Monday night. I forgot. I had no hot water Tuesday morning. This did not make my morning better!!  Moving on though, I helped Laine pick out clothes, and got her lunch ready. Then took a luke-warm (at best!) shower - in 3 minutes. Needless to say, we left the house a few minutes behind schedule. Which, actually helps during school drop off, as I get there AFTER the 7:40 rush and don't get stuck in exit lane traffic. Getting on the highway at that time however, is much BUSIER. And, I got stuck behind that person who drives 60 mph, while not being able to switch to the left lane to pass due to heavy traffic volume. Road rage is my friend.

Long story short, my work day was not too bad. Supper plans worked out well. Dance and grocery shopping went fine. The day ended better than it began.  I went to bed praying for a better day today. GOD IS GOOD:) Which, I knew anyway, but today was certainly a very apparent answer to prayer. I have said it before, and I'll say it again - we have bad days, trying times, etc. to show us how good it can be. Today wasn't an exceptionally wonderful day - but it was normal. And smooth. Both of which I will grab with both hands right now! And, those wonderful days, well, I'll take those too! Here's to looking toward better days - praying all of you recognize and embrace them when they come your way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment