Saturday, November 10, 2012

Count 'em on one hand.

5 things.  I am in a bible study, and have only been working on it for a few days.  While I have had a "head" faith my whole life, my "heart" faith flows like the sea in waves.  Something we are working on living out, memorizing, is easy (should be!) to remember every day.  We can count it out on 1 hand:

1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ.
5. God's word is alive and active in me.

Simple enough. Not so much.  Maybe its age, maybe its just because the world is always around me, but I can't seem to MEMORIZE these things.  I've made myself notes.  I have one in my bathroom, I have one on my refridgerator.  I put one by the computer, and on my desk at work.  I've been trying to say it (with my hand - a finger for each point!) as often as I can through the day.  

I am confronted with my UNfaithfulness often during the course of the day.  It makes me sad. God calls us to BELIEVE in Him. To TRUST in what He has planned for us.  He wants to give us every good thing.  This is SO hard for me.  I am such a worrier by nature. I want to control everything around me - to be in charge of my path.  Giving this up is so painful.  

My words don't want to flow tonight.  There is so much MORE inside that wants to come out and I feel so bottled up with it. 

There are other things I can count on 1 hand.  The people I love most in this world: Zak, Dev, Liv, Laine and Paul. My favorite foods: pizza, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, chocolate, and cheesecake. The books I love (some would be series, so maybe they don't count?): Little House on the Prairie, Gone With the Wind, Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, and Green Eggs and Ham. With the exception of my family, these things have changed slightly over the years, but the 5 from my bible study - these are life TRUTHS. Some of you may disagree with this, you may have been raised in a different faith, or have given up your faith.  Something my cousin wrote on FB today really got me to thinking on this while I was working on my lesson tonight, "Its not theTruth because I believe it, I believe it because its the Truth".  There was (naturally) some discussion about this below his comment.  It went so well with my study on belief and faith that I wanted to comment myself, but as I said, the words aren't coming out quite the way I want them to, so I didn't.  BUT, he is right on the money with this.  God's Truth IS Truth. Whether we choose to believe it or not.  Even though I have a long way to go, my "heart" faith yearns to believe this Truth fully. I FEEL that need constantly. I am bruised and broken, but my Father will heal my wounds, guard my heart and keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment