Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm Baaaaack...

BIG sigh here.  Its been a whirlwind of a fall here.  School starting, football everyday for the boys, dance season beginning, 2 weddings, family visits... Busy.  In a good way, but sometimes that busyness can get overwhelming.  And, of course, we've all been passing a cold around. 'Tis the season I guess! 

So often (and I wish I could type while I drive!) I blog in my head on the way to and from the many places that I drive.  And then, by the time I get home in the evening there are so many other things that need attention that I either forget what I was going to blog about, I just don't feel like sitting at the computer, OR I fall asleep :) I have definitely missed sharing what's up with us - and getting my "whine" out of my system;)

The boys finished football with an undefeated season - Go Blue! It really was one of the most fun seasons for ME since they started playing - LOVED having them both on the same team! Not even just for the logistics of it either;) It was just fun to see them playing together, doing something they enjoy.  Of course, next year I won't have this "luxury" - Zak will be Varsity, and Dev JV, but then the following year they will play together again.  And after that, well, I'll have a HS graduate.... and all THAT brings with it!  I was reminded by Paul's dad (at his cousin's wedding) that in 5 years, WE could be the parents at a wedding... Which just seems WAY too soon, but P and I were 21 when we got married... and Zak will be 21 in 5 years... So not ready for that!!  Instead, I am going to savor every part of him being "only" 16.  And, he still hasn't gotten that driver's license - so maybe I can keep him "young" for a bit longer. 

Dance season is in full swing - Liv is in 2 competition classes this year, so we are pushing the fundraisers. Butterbraids anyone? Laine is dancing for the first time this year too.  She and Naomi are taking a combination class - tap, ballet, and hip-hop.  They will be performing a tap in the recital in June.  I can only speak for my child when I say SHE LOVES IT.  Looks like I've got many years of tutus and taps ahead of me!

Paul is struggling with aches and pains while harvest is in full swing:(  His back will never be the same.  And he has some permanent nerve damage in his foot (actually the nerve to the foot), so he compensates. Which leads to painful knees and ankles... Gotta love getting older...  It all just makes him, hm, kinda... grumpy. BUT, he is a SOBER grump, so I am thankful for that! And I struggle with being pleasant. Because I need to be pleasant ALL the time.  I can't start the morning with out the "Good"... I'm not (at least I don't THINK so) a pessimistic person.  But its hard to be pleasant ALL the time...

Which brings me to myself.  I've lost ME again, with all of the "busyness" of our lives.  Its so HARD to find the time for the things that make me feel good, when the other 5 people I live with seem to require so MUCH of my time.  My fitness program has stalled out since school started - I was hoping once we got into the routine of it I would be able to pick it back up.  That hasn't happened. Yet.  My goal is to make November my month.  I have stuck with better nutrition, and watching what I eat - kept up my Shakeology in the mornings.  I have at least maintained the progress I started last winter and into the summer.  I need to start at the BEGINNING of a week (just some latent OCDness coming out), so as of Sunday - I'm walkin'. Walkin' in the mornin', walkin' in the evenin'... Then, after I have trained myself, gotten back into that habit, I'm gonna start my yoga and BBL again.  Little steps, but FORWARD steps just the same.  I am also starting a bible study with some women from church on Monday nights.  Good thing the Tigers had been playing the last few weeks - Bones hasn't been on because of baseball.  So I forgot that Monday nights were Bones nights.  I would NOT have commited to the bible study had I remembered it was on then.  (BIG Bones fan.) Very glad we have DVR.  And, very glad I am doing the bible study - looks like a fun group, I can't wait to get into it.  My "faith fitness" has been on the back burner for a while too - and in the long run, its WAY more important!  I'm needing to find a couple good books to read too.  And discipline myself to only read for an hour (or so) at a time.  I just struggle with not FINISHING a book when I start it... (another of my mild OCD tendencies). 

I've begun thinking about the holidays too.  I struggle with the joy there.  Again - busyness.  I get to the parties and I'm fine.  Its the anticipation of them, the planning for them, that do it to me every time.  We just have so MANY.  And when I think of cutting one (or 2, or 3) out of the schedule, of making our own traditions, I just don't want to give any of them up! I just need to WILL myself out of my Scroogie-ness... We have so MUCH to be thankful for this year.  The fact that we are all here, all well (essentially) is HUGE.  Remind me of this when I complain. Please. Accountability is my word...

No comments:

Post a Comment