Saturday, February 25, 2012

Its almost like dating again!

What a great day it has been! I wasn't sure how exercise and the weekend were going to mix. Getting up 1/2 hour early when I have to get up for work anyway isn't such a big deal, but sleeping in, and then having the kids all up and around... lets just say I didn't have any real hopes of actually fitting my walk in today! But, I did it! (I can't believe that makes me excited!) And, since I felt so good afterward, I cleaned. (yes, you read that correctly...) I had some moral support - Amanda and the kids came over for the day, but I got A LOT accomplished. Lazing around on a weekend is  one of my favorite things, but today felt really good!

Then, I got the chance to reconnect with some old, good friends that we lost track of over the years. Funny how time, kids, and life get in the way of somethings you think will always be a part of your life! Paul had a couple of good friends that we hung out with almost every weekend while we were dating, and the last time we saw them and their families Olivia was a baby. We have since been separated, re-united, added Elaina, lived in 2 places temporarily and moved to where we live now! We had a lot to catch up on! One couple couldn't make it, and Devin is at YG camp, so our numbers were not as large as I anticipated, but it was so good to hear what they have been up to, and see that while time marches on, we can still keep our friendship going.  We made plans to get together again soon on a Sunday so Paul can join us, and the other couple with their daughter too!

Which brings me to the reason I am writing and not sleeping already:
Paul called and said that he is now allowed to leave for the day on Sundays after church!  I haven't eagerly awaited seeing someone this much since we were dating! And having to wait for him to call me, well THAT was something I didn't do much of - I just called him if I wanted to talk to him! We had planned on going up to see him anyway, so this nice surprise is just icing on the cake!

What a great day...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment