Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Little (Just a little!) Background

1990.  That's when it all started.  Paul and I met a few weeks after he graduated from high school.  I had just finished my first year of college.  Looking back, it seems like just yesterday, and a million years ago.  How did we get here from there?  That's what I am hoping we can figure out during the next 5 months of our lives. 

Flash forward to now.  We have been married almost 19 years.  And for more than 15 of them, Paul has struggled with alcoholism.  And I am co-dependent.  He has made the choice to get help for his addiction.  And me?  I don't quite know where to begin my healing process.  Over the years, I have pretty much lost myself.  If I am not "managing" him, I am "managing" the kids.  And working. In all honesty, I just want to bury myself in my bed and not come out until everything is "normal".  (and yes, I know I use quotes too much!) So, on my quest for self improvement, and discovery I am going to write.  I also quit smoking.  Yes, again. But, this time, I am determined to succeed.  I am also <gulp> starting a new lifestyle - including the dreaded EXERCISE!!!  I know. SOOOOO not me. But, its gonna be. 


So, if you are reading this - bear with me.  I am not quite sure what I am doing!  I hope to improve the presentation of this blog, I just don't know how :) And, I am going to use it to work through my issues.  And, along the way, learn a little about myself and my life. My faith. My kids. My Hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment